CircleID is a collaborative news and opinion website which publishes articles written by various industry professionals that write about new developments that may influence the infrastructure of the Internet. I wrote a piece about ENUM back in October 2003. Fast forward ten years and CircleID asked to publish a short piece I wrote about Bitcoin. Both articles are here. The ENUM story gained 30,000+ readers over the ten year period. It will be interesting to see how the Bitcoin story compares. There is a lively set of responses to the Bitcoin post — one quite negative about the future of Bitcoin. I am much more optimistic. A much more comprehensive story about Bitcoin was written recently by Marc Andreessen. I agree with everything he said. With $50 million invested in Bitcoin startups, he has more than a little at stake. My only investment is 5 Bitcoins!
. . . other recent posts from the category “Bitcoin”
- 2014-07-19 – Reflections on Bitcoin – 11: Dell.com
- 2014-07-11 – Reflections on Bitcoin – 10: State of Bitcoin
- 2014-07-06 – Reflections on Bitcoin – 9
- 2014-06-11 – Reflections on Bitcoin – 8: The Coming Digital Anarchy
- 2014-06-01 – Reflections on Bitcoin – 7